Saturday, August 29, 2009

All Boy

On any given day, you can most likely find my son outside riding his bike, constructing the perfect sword out of sticks, setting up booby traps, making teepee's or anything else that might come to his imagination. Today was no different. He has happily entertained himself most of the day, building a new fort. A fort in his own yard. He comes into the house, dirt covered face, with a big grin and asks if I want to see his fort. Of course the only answer I can give, is an enthusiastic,"Yes!" Outside, underneath a large tree he proudly shows me his fort, complete with a "keep out" sign in the front (no girls, of course).

I love my boy and his zest for life. He LOVES to enjoy whatever nature has for him. Be it a pile of dirt to kick around or a tree to make a fort. He is in his element when he's outside. Rain or shine, he is out there.

It reminds me how I should be loving life and taking in the beauty and creation that is right here in my front yard. I need to enjoy what God has given us in this beautiful place. Oh to be like my son! I just love how the Lord has allowed my children to teach me so many wonderful things about life. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment