Thursday, April 2, 2009

Love to run


A big part of my life has been running. I love it. I love to hate it sometimes, but it is a love of mine. It also is nice to keep up with so that I can maintain my diet of yummy food! I used to run very frequently in Kansas, but being in Alaska it has been more difficult. The weather is a BIG factor. Call me a wimp, but running in -25 degrees isn't an option for me. So, I've been trying to take advantage of any nice day there is to go for a run. I've only been out about 4 times! My first run out here was unforgettable, however. It was what made me feel like I was at home. I was settling in. It was my way of putting down some roots. It was also rather hilarious to watch me try to maintain my balance while running in the snow. I would lift a foot and where it would land I wouldn't know, until it sunk deep into the snow! It was also memorable because of the beautiful view. Just gorgeous. I just have to remember to look up and enjoy it every now and then, while at the same time not lose my footing. Running is so therapeutic for me, it gives me a peace, and sense of accomplishment. It is where I spend my time with the Lord in prayer or praise. I'm so thankful He gave me the ability to run and enjoy His creation and worship Him while I'm doing it. Whether in Kansas (where I NEVER ran in snow) or in Alaska. As long as I have my shoes, I'm good to go!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! The new blog that is! Well, and you too, of course! I knew you had it in you to have a great blog! You're a writer! I just knew it! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to checking in here. Miss you bunches!

    Tami

    ReplyDelete