Sunday, April 5, 2009

Through a Child's Eyes


Yesterday I had my oldest daughter (5 yrs old) run an errand for me. As I watched her leave and walk down the path, I couldn't help but smile. She first left and stopped part way and just looked around. Taking in the sunshine and smiling. Then, as she continued to go she didn't just walk, she bounced, full of life and energy. Her arms were swinging, there was a skip to her walk, and if I know my daughter, I'm sure she was singing the whole way down the path. Such a beautiful sight!

I thought, as I watched her go, that's how I should be living my life. Through the eyes of a child. Skipping, not walking through life. Head up and enjoying every piece of beauty that comes along the way. I need to have a happy attitude and enjoy life, even when "running errands". My life here on earth is but a tiny speck compared to what my heavenly life will be, so I should truly live it to it's fullest. Children are such a good reminder of what that means. We should all live like that.

When my daughter finally came home, she still had that sweet smile on her face and then went to her room and played, enjoying life once again. My hope and prayer is that I can take advantage of the beauty in life and cherish every moment. If only to stop, look up and see life through a child's eyes every now and then.

3 comments:

  1. That's just beautifully said, Brandey! And so true. Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that was me that tried to post but I didn't want it under Rob's name so I will try again! Sorry but he probably won't be reading your blog in case you were wondering! That's not because he doesn't like you--he's just not a blog reader like his wife! Anyway, just want you to know that your blog now makes one more that I will have to cry my way through!! :) I could just see her smile and imagine her singing--much like her best buddy when he's outside! Thanks for the beautiful reminder of how we should live life!
    Love you,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete